Sliabh Ban Walks, Strokestown
The mountain of Sliabh Ban in Strokestown offers a lot to a walker looking for a new excursion in the Irish countryside.
There are three walks to choose from here and each is different to the next in terms of length and landscape.
What each one has in common is flora and fauna in the dense forestry of the area, which provides an ideal surrounding for a nature walk.
Those who reach the summit of Sliabh Ban will be treated to a spectacular view in every direction, taking in the four provinces of Ireland and 14 counties in total.
Facilities at our B&B
- A secure facility with shelves, hangers, and wall hooks used for the drying and storage of walking gear is available
- The facility is well ventilated, and aerated
- Iron and ironing board available for guest use
- Laundry service to be available on request*
Food and Beverage
- Early continental breakfast can be provided on a breakfast tray on request
- A comprehensive packed lunch and picnics available on request
- Information on the best walk in the area, times, distances, suitability for the level of fitness, etc. and local access information
- Contact details for local walking guides
- Transfer information to walks and pick up or contact details for the service on request
Guest Information Directory
- Directory containing current information such as:
- Local Activities
- Visitor Attractions
- Evening Entertainment
- Restaurants, Cafés and Pubs
- things to do and what’s going on in the local area
- Ordnance survey maps of local area are available
- A selection of walking books and brochures are available for guest use
- Visitors’ book for guest feedback on the walks and service
- First aid kit and spare walking sticks available